Set Up Your Community Profile
Welcome to VAR Connect, your member-only community! Now that you're here, let's set up your member profile.
Your Profile Page
Navigate to your profile page by clicking here
Your Contact Details
You will notice that your profile page has already been populated with your name and contact information. This information is derived from the National Association of Realtors® member database.
CHANGE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- Click the pencil icon next to CONTACT DETAILS.
- Once you click the pencil icon, an "edit contact information" dialog box will appear.
- Complete the information in the dialog box.
- Make sure you click SAVE before you exit the "edit contact information" dialog box.
You can choose to share all or some of your social networking links if you want others in the community to find you on your social networks.
SET UP YOUR SOCIAL LINKS
- Click ACTIONS next to SOCIAL LINKS.
- Select the social network you wish to share. A dialog box will appear.
- In the dialog box, place the URL to your social network (to get the URL, go to your social network (ie: Facebook) and copy the URL in the browser address window.
- Repeat these steps to add additional social networks.
- Help other community members get to know you better! Add your bio in this section.
- Click the blue ADD button under BIO.
- In the dialog box, add your information. Your an format your text to bold, italic, etc. using the tools in the dialog box, which perform much like the tools in WORD.
- Make sure you click SAVE before you exit the dialog box.
All Other Sections
Repeat the steps above to complete the Education, Job History, Professional Associations, and Honors and Awards sections. Always click SAVE prior to exiting each dialog box.
Note: You can complete all or part of your profile, depending on how much information you wish to share with the community.
Set Up Your Notifications & Preferences
Customize your account using the tabs at the top of your profile page. These settings can be changed at any time.
This section is where you find your contacts, create new contacts, and where you find your networks and communities.
Track your list of contributions to the community.
My Account – Privacy and Notifications
Under your account tab, you can customize your privacy settings, what others see and how others get in touch with you.
Want to keep track of what is happening in the community? You can customize the frequency of your notifications in this section, including what type of notifications you want to receive and how often.
Receive and send notices in the community in your community Inbox.
This section shows the details of your account in the community system.